Thursday, July 1, 2010

How to ensure No goods movement at Plant level in SAP?

The Issue
Is there configuration at the Plant Level to specify "No Goods Movement Allowed"? I want to stop the user's from any type of goods movement but at the Plant level. I thought I had seen this config but now can't seem to find it or maybe it doesn't exist??


The Solution
You can do either of the following:
1) Control users access by limiting his/her authorization (In transaction PFCG).
2) For each materials under plant (Set a blocking status 01/02/03 under the Xplant Mat status field in Material Master).
3) Physical Inventory document for each storage location under the particular plant (highly unlikely).

Source: http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1656676&messageID=8967654#8967654

1 comment:

  1. Could you give me a source that would explain each section or tab of the MM that would give me a complete understanding of how all the tabs work together? The company I work for tends to only teach an employee the one or two tabs that they fill in, therefore no one really understands the entire MM.

    ReplyDelete